Monday, July 10, 2006

Freedom of the Press?

Why on Earth did we fight so long and hard for freedom and speech and press if the press is going to let itself be controlled by what people wnat to hear? There are Journalists who have the power to investigate and expose corruption in the government and in rich companies. However the most popular and in depth stories are about movie stars and sports. Freedom of Press? Or is it just freedom to write what ever will make me the most money in the shortest time possible? There use to be a time when people valued the truth. I think we should start doing it again. Who cares which pop princess is aving the baby of some drug addict rock star. I want to know why the gas companies can get away with gouging gas prices? Or why so much money goes to NASA and hardly any to education? Or why people can live off the government by sitting on their butts and watching t.v. all day? I want to know more about that stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Captain Whitney said...

Diddo! Have you ever seen Newsies? This has been going on for a long time- people lying to earn money. "It ain't lyin', it's just improvin' the truth a little." That's what they think.
What I want to know is what GOOD is going on in Iraq, instead of all the bad that causes people to shout out for us to get out of there. I want to know about the other war (I don't even remember where it is) the one the press is ignoring because all the horrible stuff happening in Iraq is the "big story". Pop princesses, drug attic superstars- those, I suppose, have their place for people who want it- but what about those who want the TRUTH?

11:27 AM  
Blogger Ginny-Gin-Gin said...

I havn't seen Newsies but I really want too.

I think the press is so mixed up because most journalists are liberal. My parents only read the Wall Street Journal because it's more conservitive than most. We fought so long and hard because even though some people abuse their right, there are still good people who want and tell the true story.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home