Thursday, July 12, 2007

My First Finished Song

I don't have a title for it but here are the words...
little one close your eyes
and know I'm always right there
know I'll always love you

And as you sleep I'll watch you
And when you wake I'll hold you

Dearest child of mine
This life is yours to make
Love is yours to take

And as you grow I'll love you
And as you live you'll always be mine
you'll always be mine

It's a lullaby for my cousin who is having a baby in October. What do you guys think. Ginny and Kendle you should get your cousins to look at out blogs again because I'm actually posting stuff again. Sorry I can't record sound anymore.

10 Comments:

Blogger Brianne Ramsay Dosch said...

I really like it! The words are really good and because I've heard it I think it sounds really good too!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Captain Whitney said...

I'm really bad at reading songs without hearing the tune -- mostly because I have no musical talent what-so-ever and I always manage to botch the tune and ... I'm gibbering ...

Okay, to the point, I absolutely LOVED it!!! You definately have the gift of song writing (something I rather lack, as you may have ascertained from above comments about my lack of musical ability). I do adore lullabies, and this is most definately one well writ!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Captain Whitney said...

Oh, um, this is really random, but how old are you (unless you really ARE 250 like your bio says, which is, I must say, a rather impressive age to have lived to)?

1:53 PM  
Blogger bluejeanbabyqueen said...

I'm 17 almost eighteen in a couple of months. You?

2:29 PM  
Blogger Kendle said...

That's okay because we will see you and you can sing it then!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Ginny-Gin-Gin said...

I really do like that song, Sarah. It was so sweet of you to write a lullaby. I know that it's for Erica, but once you write the music out, do you think that you could photocopy it for me and postarity? I would cherish it forever! Please? =>

1:22 AM  
Blogger bluejeanbabyqueen said...

ok I will. :)

4:46 PM  
Blogger Ginny-Gin-Gin said...

Thanks!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Captain Whitney said...

Oh, I'm thirteen, I'll be fourteen in December.

12:11 PM  
Blogger bluejeanbabyqueen said...

That's cool my Aunt's birthday is in December. What's your birthstone?

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home