Sunday, September 30, 2007

Carousel

OK here is the beginning... finally



As the music moved faster so did the bright twirling dancers. A young woman named Aiden sat in awe with her friends in the circus stands. It was the weekend after finals and she and her friends were celebrating at the local carnival. The main attraction this year was the Ripton's circus. Never before had any of them seen such beautiful graceful women. It was like they were porcelain dolls, shaped and painted by a master artist. Then the music stopped on a climactic note and a new song began. This song was a slower Indian tune opposed to the previous faster gypsy rondo, and came with a cloud of green smoke out from which stepped a man with a distinctive beard and silk attire.
" Aiden" Aiden looked around.
" Did you say my name?" She asked one of her friends.
" No, shhhhh" replied the girl next to her.
" Aiden" She heard it again but this time she recognized it as a man's voice, but the closest man was two rows away and the only person even looking at her was the man on stage.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ginny-Gin-Gin said...

Hmmmm . . . after a year of waiting I finally get a paragraph! Wahoo! I'm excited to see this story finally start!

Oh no, this guy has a beard? He better not be the love interest or anything because I'm not very partial to beards. But I suppose if he was really awesome . . .

You know I can't wait for more!

10:01 PM  
Blogger bluejeanbabyqueen said...

Thanks Ginny, and sorry it's not much. I've rewritten it a thousand times and that's why there's so little.

6:16 AM  
Blogger Brianne Ramsay Dosch said...

Gypsy Rondo! That's the name of the classical piece that I'm playing on the piano currently! Well anyways...it's really good Sarah. I can't wait to read more!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Kendle said...

Me too. You know it really depends on the guy with the beard. I'm not one to go for gotee's though.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Kendle said...

I can't wait to see you!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home